The Bumi Armada Berhad Quality Management System ("QMS") adopts a holistic, total quality management approach which provides for multiple quality initiatives across all business groups. Bumi Armada Berhad QMS includes progressive quality programmes that are included in a broad based management system. These include empowering staff through:
In addition, Continuous Improvement and Audit & Compliance programmes are prioritized to ensure ongoing improvement and compliance to international standards are met.
- improvement workshop programmes
- obtaining feedback from client and contractors through feedback workshops
- measurement and improvement processes
- quality training in the form of Quality Leadership training and Quality Concepts training
International Standards Certification Programme Bumi Armada Berhad is certified to four major international standards:
- ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management system requirements
- ISO 14001:2004 - Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational Health & Safety Assurance System
- ISM:2002 - International Safety Management – for safe operation of ships and pollution prevention
Management review & Quality Committee:
As part of our compliance to ISO 9001 / 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards - Bumi Armada Berhad conducts annual management reviews of the Quality Management System (including Quality, Health, Safety and Environment performance). In addition quarterly Quality Committee meetings are held. Through these platforms Audit and Non-Conformance findings are reported to the senior management team along with trends in statistical performance data; also HSEQ programmes progress and performance; training and awareness, continuous improvement programme, customer feedback programme, etc., all of which are assessed by senior management and necessary improvement actions identified.